Marine hydrolyzed collagen is a dietary supplement derived from the connective tissue of fish and other marine organisms. Likewise, collagen is an abundant protein in the human body that plays a key role in the health of the skin, bones, tendons, joints and even in everyday well-being.
It should be noted that hydrolyzed marine collagen is produced through a hydrolysis process (hence its name) which involves breaking it down into smaller molecules to facilitate its absorption by the body . This particular type of supplement is characterized by having a structure similar to that of human collagen, which makes it highly compatible and bioavailable. It is also beneficial and recommended for certain cases.
The consumption of hydrolyzed marine collagen has been associated with various health benefits, such as improving skin elasticity, reducing wrinkles, and promoting a youthful appearance. Additionally, it is believed that it can strengthen bones and joints, relieve pain and inflammation, and promote healthy hair and nails.
Marine hydrolyzed collagen offers -as described- a series of benefits for health and well-being. Because it comes from fish and can be processed into peptides, it is easier for the body to absorb and use . Some of its most outstanding advantages are the following:
• Skin Health: Helps improve skin elasticity and hydration by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
• Strengthening joints and bones: Collagen is a key component of connective tissues. Consequently, supplementation can improve joint and bone health, which decreases the risk of injury.
• Hair and nail health: contributes to strengthening both, promoting their growth and reducing their fragility.
• Cardiovascular health: some studies suggest that collagen helps lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. In this way, it optimizes cardiovascular health. Of course, this is not the strongest point, but it is a good complement in case you suffer from heart problems or pathologies.
• Promotion of digestive health: strengthens the intestinal mucosa and improves digestion. It also prevents and treats conditions like leaky gut syndrome.
As you will see, the benefits of hydrolyzed marine collagen positively affect overall health.
The price varies according to multiple factors. Among them are the country or region where the product is purchased, if you have a discount or not, and the amount. The latter is key , since the hydrolyzed collagen capsules determine the size and total dose to be ingested on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Based on all this, added to the particular packaging you buy, the total price of hydrolyzed collagen changes. There are several formats on the market: capsules, powder, juice... The average price ranges from €8 to €25 per supplement in most retailers. In any case, remember that it is essential to consume it in the appropriate doses based on what a specialist tells you. Avoid any problems by consulting a doctor before consuming any supplement.
Marine hydrolyzed collagen by itself is not considered to cause weight gain or fattening. This is because it is a simple protein found in the human body and plays an important role in the health of the skin, joints, bones, and other connective tissues. The collagen that is sold as a supplement is specifically a processed collagen protein that is broken down into smaller fragments, which facilitates its absorption and digestion.
As with any of the other proteins, a collagen protein has 4 calories . Therefore, it is not a product with a significant caloric density that makes you gain weight. What makes you fat is the daily caloric excess from all the other foods you eat, not the supplement. Take care of your diet in general and you will not gain weight.
This means that if you gain weight right after starting collagen, it won't necessarily be due to the supplement, but rather for another reason. Of course, we recommend that you read the label of the container very well if you are going to buy a collagen supplement. It is necessary to take into account that some manufacturers may mix the substance with other ingredients, such as sweeteners or additives, which can add additional calories.
If you are concerned about caloric content, then read the label of specific hydrolyzed collagen products to determine whether or not they contain additional calories . Also, of course, consult with the health professional who tells you, since he is the one who will best know how to answer you and even advise you on how to accompany or complement the supplement.
Because collagen is a key structural protein found in the skin, bone, tendons, and connective tissues of the human body, it plays several important roles in women . First of all, it contributes to the health and appearance of the skin; helps maintain the elasticity and firmness of the skin, preventing the formation of wrinkles and sagging.
Of note, as women age, collagen production slows , which can result in thinner, less toned skin. Therefore, supplementation can be beneficial in further improving the skin and reducing the visible signs of aging.
Additionally, collagen is important for joint and bone health. Helps preserve the structural integrity of the joints , and reduces the risk of injury and the development of joint diseases such as osteoarthritis. It also strengthens bones, which is especially relevant for women, since they are at increased risk of osteoporosis after menopause.
This supplement can also be taken during pregnancy to strengthen the skin structure. Collagen could prevent the formation of stretch marks and contribute to postpartum recovery.
Beyond all the benefits described, consuming collagen is not something so simple . To show all the positive effects in the short, medium and long term, you must follow five tips:
• Choose natural sources of collagen: supplement with bone broth, beef and pork, fish, chicken, eggs, and dairy products.
• Collagen Supplements – There are different types of collagen available, such as type I, II or III, so it is important to choose the type that best suits your needs.
- Type I is in the skin, hair, nails, organs, bones and ligaments. This is consumed in anti-aging therapy.
- Type II is in cartilage. Therefore, this is recommended against joint pain.
- Type III collagen is found in bones, cartilage, teeth, tendons and connective tissues. You can supplement yourself with this collagen to keep these parts of the body in good condition.
• Vitamin C: it is essential for the synthesis of collagen in the body. Make sure you get enough vitamin C through foods like citrus fruits, kiwi, bell peppers, strawberries, and green leafy vegetables.
• Stimulates the natural production of collagen: you can do it through a balanced diet rich in protein. You must also limit exposure to the sun without protection, excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
• Take care of your skin: includes cleansing, hydration and sun protection.
The collagen supplement for sports and the gym
Its benefits in the field of sports and the gym are that it strengthens the bones and joints. Also, since collagen is a protein , it enhances the growth of muscle mass . For these reasons, it can be recommended for those who practice strength sports, muscle building, or any activity that involves explosiveness and strength.
Collagen helps you gain muscle mass and keep your joints healthy after hard weight lifting sessions.
Conclusion : It may be advisable to take marine hydrolyzed collagen supplements . There are already certain studies that support the benefits of this product, which can be helpful if you play sports, have joint pain or want to take care of your skin and look younger.